Welcome to the Job Corps disABILITY site. This site provides the Job Corps community with information and resources that will allow them to better support and meet the needs of applicants and students with disabilities.
Staff can use this site to:
- Become familiar with and understand the impact of disability legislation on Job Corps program operations.
- Learn how to incorporate activities related to serving students with disabilities into the CDSS system.
- Prepare graduates with disabilities to enter the workforce.
- Educate employers about including people with disabilities as part of a diverse workforce.
- Identify common inclusion strategies.
- Recognize the most common disabilities among Job Corps youth.
- Interact appropriately and comfortably with people with different kinds of disabilities.
- Understand the Job Corps reasonable accommodation process.
- Make the center more accessible by making alterations to facilities, attitudinal changes, program changes, and/or the provision of reasonable accommodation.
- Develop an emergency response plan that considers the needs of students with disabilities.
- Learn about resources, tools, materials, and promising practices available to help center staff provide services and support to students with disabilities.