Food Service Manager
Here are some steps you should take to serve healthier, more nutritious food that students will enjoy.
||What to Do|
Review Meal Service PRH changes.
Plan how to implement these changes.
Review the Food and Nutrition website. The Food and Nutrition website will help you serve budget-friendly healthy food and keep your students happy. On this website, you will find:
- Tips to plan healthy meals
- Ways to offer nutrition-friendly snacks and vending machine options
- Resources to "go green" with instructional gardens
- Information on vegetarian diets
- Food safety information
- A section on creating an inviting dining environment
- Strategies for food service management, purchasing, and cost control
- Information on soliciting student input to plan food that is appropriate to all cultures, lifestyles, and tastes
- Tips to promote healthy foods on center
- Information on alternatives to purchasing food such as center gardens
- Nutrition education resources
- Advice on functioning as a team with staff, students, and community resources
If you would like to get involved in educating students, check out the Cooking 101 curriculum.